If you have realized that your house has been infested by termites, you should take immediate steps to eliminate them. Remember that termites are the most dangerous among pests. They are capable of completely ruining your house.
On way is to approach Pestbusters who are able to assist you in termite control.
Secondly, you should not assume that the Do-It-Yourself steps you adopt will help you solve the
1. You should first find out the type of termites that have invaded your house. You should check every area including the nook and cranny of your home so you can locate their hide-outs. Remember that you cannot afford to leave the job half-finished. This means that you cannot assume that since you have eliminated 50% of the termites in your property, you are safe. The remaining 50% can spread very fast and infest the whole structure again and very soon.
2. You should ensure that your furniture and other wooden structure of the home are also safe. Certain types of termites are fond of such wooden items. So, apart from protecting your home, you should take steps for protecting your furniture as well.
3. If you hang cardboard sheets in various parts of your home, you can divert the termites to these sheets so the other areas will remain protected.
4. There are certain beneficial nematodes that can help in getting rid of termites. These nematodes release a type of bacteria that can kill termites.
5. If you shift your wooden furniture suitably so they are exposed to direct sunlight, you can be pretty confident that termites will go away because termites hate sunlight.
If you find that the termites that have infested your home are stubborn and they refuse to budge to the above steps, it is better you approach a pest control company. Remember that you should choose a company that can competently handle the problem. This means that you should do a proper research for choosing the right company.
You should first choose a few companies in the locality where you live. You should visit their websites to know more details about them. If you visit the testimonials sections on their websites, you can find the reviews written by their past customers. Though this approach cannot be considered as a fool-proof one, it will help you know a little more about the companies.
You can even inquire with your close friends, relatives or known people for having the details of the pest control companies the services of which they may have utilized. This approach will help you in narrowing down your list. You should get in touch with each and every company you have short-listed. When you discuss with them, you can certainly make out as to how competent they are.
You must then request the professionals belonging to the companies to visit your place. This will help the experts know the intensity of the problem and how much they should charge. You can compare their quotes and the quality of their services for zeroing in on the right company.
Once you entrust the job with a particular pest control company, they will begin the work immediately because any delay will brook more trouble. Since they have already inspected your place, they may have devised their strategies for ridding your place of these dangerous pests. They will adopt them and eradicate the termites completely from the property.
Of course, this does not end here. The experts of the company will provide you with certain tips to avoid recurrence of the problem. You should meticulously follow their advice so you can keep your property, furniture and other belongings safe from termites.