If you have even the slightest suspicion that ants, termites or rodents have invaded your home, you should not commit the mistake of not taking immediate steps to put an end to this menace. If you have a wavering mind, termite control or control of other pests may become very difficult. In fact, there is not much of a difference between the nuisance caused by ants, rodents, or termites. While ants may not pose a serious threat to buildings, termites can even impact the strength of your building itself. Similarly, rodents can wreck a havoc on your belongings. But how can you find out that rodents, ants or termites are active in your home? The following points may help.
1. For checking if termites have invaded your home, look around your home to see if there are termite shelter-tubes, subterranean tunnels or earthen packings that look like mud. Termite shelter-tubes may begin at the ground level and can even cross barriers such as metal caps that have been used in the foundation of your home and the walls. Termites that belong to the subterranean species can alone make subterranean tunnels. Earthen packings are easy to spot.
If your home has been severely infested by termites, the floors may start sagging and the wooden infrastructure of the building may look hollow.
2. As far as rodents are concerned, you can easily find out if they are invading your home. Rodents are capable of living cozily in any environment and more specifically, in unclean spaces such as gutters. Once they start entering your home regularly, they can wreck havoc and damage all your belongings that include furniture, books, clothes, and food items. If you find that these items have been partially or fully bitten, you can conclude that rodents have been making regular entry into your home.
What will be the effects if you delay taking steps to eliminate pests and rodents?
1. Pests and rodents can damage your belongings such as books, clothes, and furniture as well as your building. In fact, your building may lose its strength itself. If the foundation of your building gets weak, the whole structure may come down. Not only that, the wooden infrastructure of your building will severely be impacted by termites. Similarly, termites may eat away even sturdy furniture.
2. Apart from creating nuisance and irritating you by their presence, termites, ants and rodents can harm your health as well as the health of your family members. Experts have found that if your home has been infested with pests like termites, a smell may emanate from them. This smell may harm the health of everyone and more so, the health of those who have already been suffering from respiratory issues like asthma, wheezing or palpitations.
What are the steps you should take for controlling rodents and pests?
1. The first advice you will get from experts is that you must ensure that your home and the surroundings are clean. While an unclean home invites ants and termites, unclean surroundings may encourage rodents to invade your home. Remember that keeping your home and surroundings clean is not a one-time affair. You should continuously and regularly undertake the tasks involved in the process.
2. If you have even the slightest suspicion that pests have infested your home or rodents are making regular visits to your home, you must immediately get in touch with a service provider and request them to make a visit to your place. The experts with the pest control company will undertake a thorough inspection of your home and give their suggestions as to how to reduce the infestation. They will also tell you the steps they will take to completely eliminate pest infestation as well as the invasion of rodents of your home.
3. Once you get the quotes from two or three service providers, you should zero in on that provider who renders high quality services at the most reasonable costs.